Compact lightweight and smooth ergonomic design.
The angled view Fieldscope ED50 Spotting Scope from Nikon is a compact and lightweight spotting scope with a 50mm ED (Extra-low Dispersion) objective lens for chromatic aberration. Nikon especially developed ED glass to provide precise optical color correction. The ED50 scope is offered as straight or angled viewing design. Most users will prefer angled scopes because they are both simple to use for birds perched high above the viewer as well as easily simultaneously shared amongst users of differing heights. But some will prefer the straight viewing models for these are much easier to use when hunting down the object of interest in the first place.Nikon's Fieldscope line of spotting scopes are premium offerings to compete with the best of sports optics manufactured in Japan or Europe. You choose your options based on concerns for mass and budget: straight or angled objective diameter and whether to spring for the ED (extra-low dispersion) glass for more favorable appreciation of highly detailed subjects. Features
- Large objective lens for a brighter field of view
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Chromatic aberration at the peripheries of the viewfield is minimized
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Bayonet-type eyepiece mount with locking system enables quicker more secure eyepiece connections
- Three eyepieces exclusively for PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscopes are optionally available: compatible with digital camera bracket FSB-series
- Built-in sliding hood
|Objective Lens Diameter||82 mm|
|Close Focusing Distance(m)||6.1 m|
|Dimensions||377 x 95 mm|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.