Olympus E-PL8 SLK (Black) E-PL8 Single Lens Kit (1442-EZ Lens) - Black Body, Black Lens
Products will only be shipped after payment has been received.
Products that are not in stock may be sent directly from the Supplier.
If a Product is on Back Order, you will be notified.
You should receive your order within 48hrs, if you don't receive your order after 7 days, please contact us to do a track and trace on your item.
Our preferred method of delivery is via Courier, however in some instances standard post may be used.
Exports: We do not under any circumstance ship out of NZ
TheCameraShop will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality; or
The product is not fit for its intended purpose; or
The product does not match the sample or our description; and
You can present your TheCameraShop register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
TheCameraShop reserves the right to
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
Your original TheCameraShop receipt is the best form of proof of purchase
Refunds will be issued using your original payment method
Refunds will not be provided for the purchase of gift cards. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
Please return any accessories and manuals supplied with product.
Please note, in the case of electrical and electronic products TheCameraShop may elect to return the product to the manufacturer's repair agent to determine the nature of the problem.
If the product is determined to be faulty, not of merchantable quality, not fit for purpose or not matching a description or sample TheCameraShop will offer a repair, exchange voucher or refund.
If you cannot present your TheCameraShop register receipt or other acceptable proof of purchase TheCameraShop reserves the right not to offer a refund or exchange. In the case of electrical and electronic productsTheCameraShop will be happy to refer you to the manufacturer's customer service hotline for assistance with operating difficulties or product repairs.
Where you seek a refund for any item that was purchased as part of a 'deal', TheCameraShop may refund the price in accordance with deal eligibility. No refund will be given on free items and any refund amount may be recalculated if your return results in deal eligibility no longer being met.
A chic and compact mirrorless camera, the black PEN E-PL8 from Olympus is a Micro Four Thirds system camera defined by its refined appearance, imaging capabilities, and in-camera creative controls. Revolving around a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor, a quick continuous shooting rate of 8.5 fps benefits working with moving subjects while a top sensitivity of ISO 25600 suits working in low-light conditions. Beyond stills shooting, Full HD 1080p/30 video recording is also supported. Benefitting both photo and movie applications, an 81-area FAST autofocus system is both quick and accurate, and works in conjunction with the rear touchscreen for touch-to-focus control. Additionally, 3-axis sensor-shift type VCM image stabilization is also featured to reduce the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
Beyond the imaging capabilities, the E-PL8 also distinguishes itself through its stylish exterior, which integrates a compact right hand grip, clean lines, matching leatherette accents, an included matching neck strap, and an embossed Olympus logo on the front. Matching intent of the opulent exterior, the camera is also configured for the selfie enthusiasts out there, with the inclusion of a 3.0" 1.04m-dot 180° tilting touchscreen LCD. For easier control when making front-facing portraits, new buttons have been added to the touchscreen interface for recording video selfies, making clips, adjusting exposure brightness, accessing Photo Story modes, and applying Art Filters. In addition to these selfie controls, the camera is also fitted with built-in Wi-Fi for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
Included with the camera body is the M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R standard zoom lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range. It features quiet autofocus and zooming operation to benefit recording movies and also incorporates three aspherical elements to reduce aberrations and produce high image sharpness and clarity.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
- Featuring a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor, along with the TruePic VII image processor, the E-PL8 is capable of recording high-resolution stills and Full HD 1080p video with sensitivity up to ISO 25600. The processing speed also avails a top continuous shooting rate of 8.5 fps in full-resolution, with the ability to record up to 16 12-bit raw files in a single burst or 64 JPEGs. When working at a slower, 3.7 fps shooting rate, you are able to record infinite JPEG bursts for the capacity of your memory card.
- FAST Autofocus System with Small Target AF
- Benefitting the quick shooting performance of the E-PL7, a contrast-detection focusing method employs 81 AF areas across the entire sensor to quickly and accurately acquire focus. Aptly named, FAST (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) is able to home in on subjects using single-shot or continuous focusing methods, as well as AF tracking to benefit working with moving subjects. In addition, there is Small Target AF that can be used to acquire focus in a smaller area for increased accuracy.
When working with manual focus, focus peaking is available to simplify attaining precise sharpness, which is especially useful when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- 3-Axis In-Body VCM Image Stabilization
- In-body VCM (Voice Coil Motor) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops with any lens in use. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across three axes, versus the conventional two axes, and compensates for vertical and horizontal shifts (yaw and pitch) as well as camera shake along the optical axis (roll). This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Capable of recording 1920 x 1080p video at 30 fps, the E-PL8 provides users with another creative method for capturing imagery. This system saves the files as MOV format files and will also record stereo audio with the built-in microphone. Multiple other options are available as well, including 1280 x 720 and 640 x 480 resolution options.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is available for intuitive control over image composition, settings, and playback, and the screen also has an 80° upward, 180° downward tilting design for making front-facing selfies, or just working from a variety of angles.
- The GUI of the LCD touchscreen now benefits selfie-shooting, and includes dedicated buttons for recording Clips, video, stills, and adjusting the exposure brightness.
- The exterior of the camera body has been updated with a sleeker grip, refined lines, metal control dials, and an embossed Olympus PEN logo in the leatherette on the front of the camera body. A matching strap is also included and the textured leatherette accents are designed to both complement and contrast the main body color.
- The FL-LM1 flash is included with the camera, and offers a guide number of 23' at ISO 100 to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 350 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity permits seamlessly connecting a smartphone or tablet to the camera via QR connection, which then enables you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera.
- M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R Lens
- Included with the E-PL8 is the versatile M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R zoom lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements have been incorporated into the lens' design to help reduce spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and also contribute to high image sharpness and clarity. The lens is designated as MSC (Movie & Still Compatible), making it ideal for video recording due to its quick and near-silent focusing performance.
- Other Camera Features
- An anti-shock shooting mode lets you use an electronic first curtain shutter, in conjunction with a 60-1/320 sec shutter speed range, to reduce vibrations when shooting atop a tripod or other support.
- Digital ESP metering uses a 324-area multi pattern metering area, along with center-weighted average and spot metering modes, for accurate exposure metering control.
- Scene Select AE modes: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Hand-held Starlight, Night scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Conv., Wide Conv., Macro Conv., Panning, and 3D.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, and Art Filters.
- Fourteen different in-camera Art Filters are available, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, WaterColor, Vintage, and Partial Color, and these modes can be further adjusted through the use of Art Effects, which include a Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Defocus Effect, B&W Effect (Yellow, Orange, Red, and Green), Picture Tone (Sepia, Blue, Purple, and Green), and Shade Effect (Top & Bottom, Left & Right).
- Photo Story mode lets you shoot a scene from different viewpoints, then compile these individual images into a single frame.
- Live Composite Mode lets you record a long exposure, between 1/2 to 60 seconds, and watch the exposure build in real-time for more accurate long exposures.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 sequential frames with 1 second to 24 hour intervals. Finished shoots can then be automatically compiled into a time-lapse movie.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you record two sequential frames over one another with auto gain for a balanced overall exposure.
- Movie Effects: One Shot Echo, Multi Echo, Art Fade, and Old Film.
- In-camera Clips combines short video clips into one short movie, which can then be set to background music in-camera, including the theme to Happy Days.
- Live Guide is a simple graphical menu for adjusting color saturation, color value, brightness, background blur, and how motion is portrayed, and can also display helpful shooting tips.
- iAUTO is an intelligent mode that automatically detects the subject in the image and applies one of 42 optimized settings to enhance the look of imagery.